The companies I learned from
2016 - 2017
Product lead of the Corporate team. Role balances product management, ux design, and engineering.
- Worked with business and engineering on solving user needs and finding the perfect MVP on a daily basis.
- Built product from mockups to coding on HTML, CSS & React.js. Worked with engineers by using Git as a version control system.
- Simplified and improved the security of the Two-factor authentication workflow.
- Front-end migration of data tables from django templates into react components.
- Improved the option grant exercise client experience by removing modals and adapting the workflow into a single page interface.
- Restructured the data model and designing an internal CRM tool, that tracks cross-department account information, onboarding stages, saves account notes and allows file uploads.
- Improved core features such as exercising workflows, grant issuances, personal portfolio management, document signings and approvals, financings, cap table reports by share class and stakeholders.
- Monitored and measured core features performance through Looker and Pendo.io.
User Experience Design Manager
User Experience Design Manager
2013 - 2016
Management position. Design role focused on branding and product growth.
- Managing 2 designers and 4 UI developers in UX Department for desktop, web, and internal business management applications: Unify, Unify Enterprise, Highlight and corporate website.
- Increased daily users of Cloud application from 100 to 3,500 with a 250% YoY growth rate.
- Reduced support tickets by working closely with Customer Success and designing self-service customer portal platform.
- Coordinated 45 staff from design, product management, engineering, QA and business development teams in integrating smooth UI/ UX functionalities.
- Increased Unify conversion rates by enhancing trial experience providing interactive tutorials and sandbox environments, improving messaging and simplifying workflows.
- Defined buyer personas, orchestrated usability tests and in-depth customer interviews.
- Increased productivity of Product Management team by creating wireframes and high-fidelity interactive prototypes.
UX/UI Designer, Visual Designer
2008 - Current
Freelancing role with emphasis on designing/consulting UX and UI for startups and Fortune 500 companies. Creative visual design at top level.
- Created Minimum Viable Products for businesses which are either profitable, Venture Capital backed, or on steady growth rate today.
- Used conceptual sketches, sitemaps, wireframes, interfaces and prototypes to design user interactions and proposed design styles, layouts and user ﬂows and audited their accurate implementation.
- Established business KPIs and setup instrumentation to measure them.
- Designed 20+ brochures, logos, infographics and advertising pieces.
Lead UX/UI Designer
Operative design position for SaaS talent management marketplace platform.
- Completely redesigned UX/UI of cloud-based UpMo 3.0 application defining the design principles and restructuring the information architecture in a 3-month timeframe.
- Defined design principles and restructured information architecture.
- Orchestrated complete UI/UX developing workflow from diagramming user ﬂows, wireframes and interaction processes for desktop and mobile versions through enhancing UX with pixel-perfect visual design and assigning color schemes, typography, textures and shapes to new layout to creating functional prototypes with Axure RP 6.5.
- Coordinated development with CTO, 2 product managers, and 5 software developers.
Internet Marketing Analyst
Operational role in Digital Marketing.
- Brought clients to first page of Google search within one month through keyword researching and developing SEO strategies.
- Filmed, edited and launched a profitable 5-hour interactive ClickMinded SEO Online Course; ensured 200+ subscriptions within 3 months with 5-star rating.
- Ensured better conversion through recommendations for UX.
Wong & Cia
Marketing & Communications Manager
2009 - 2011
Managerial position focused on online and offline marketing.
- Increased website’s average unique visitors from 800 to 2000 (250% increase) and brought new qualified sales leads through website redesigning, information architecture and sitemap restructuring, adding contact forms and building online product catalogue.
- Saved $30k yearly by reducing offline marketing costs from $40,000 to $10,000 and focusing on direct and digital marketing efforts.
- Increased new revenue by 25% through SEO, landing pages, social media presence and display advertising.
- Established long-term B2B agreements with 6 worldwide mining corporations from U.S.A, Japan and Europe.
Digital Interactive Visual Comm
Design role in advertising and post production agency.
- Created graphics and web design elements (interactive PDFs, blogs, collateral, and merchandising).
- Created wireframes and prototypes for web pages and multimedia platforms.
- Designed Flash, Macromedia Director and After Effects interactive pieces.
Graphic Designer & Copywriter
2007 - 2008
Operational position in outlining marketing campaigns and communication strategies for mass consumer products.
- Prepared and designed spots, banners, catalogues and brochures for printing and web
Ah, college years!